Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
Sponsored by BluePromoCode
- Server-side AJAX-powered application, user only needs a web browser.
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPLv3
- Self-hosted: control your own data and protect your privacy instead of depending on a cloud service which may be discontinued at any moment
- feed aggregation / syndication,
- keyboard shortcuts,
- OPML import/export,
- multiple ways to share stuff: via RSS feeds, using plugins to various social sites, sharing by URL, etc,
- sharing arbitrary content through tt-rss,
- mobile devices,
- various plugins,
- various themes,
- detecting and filtering duplicate articles,
- flexible article filtering,
- JSON-based API,
- and much more...
- Official Android client
Get in touch¶
Join our forums if you have any questions or comments.
Please read this before reporting bugs or submitting patches: SubmittingBugs
Please note that I don't do support over email. You will not get a response.
You need a compatible web browser on the client side.
You will need a dedicated web hosting account (i.e. a VDS) or access to a physical server running generic modern LAMP stack or compatible.
Everything else, including, but not limited to, shared hosting accounts, windows and other alternative OSes, free tiers of PaaS services of any kind, is not supported. Not supported in this case meaning: it may work in your particular case but if you have problems you are on your own.
Additionally, tt-rss requires:
- PHP version 5.3 or newer (detailed PHP requirements)
- PostgreSQL (recommended) or MySQL (InnoDB is required, MyISAM will not work).
You can use either of the databases, but PostgreSQL should run tt-rss faster.
Download tarball, v1.13 (Jul 21, 2014)
Trunk code is available on Github